Saturday, December 7, 2019

Waking Up in Buenos Aires

Sitting in Logan at the United Airlines lounge waiting and waiting.  At least I was able to have a nice lunch here.  The traffic in was very clear and going through TSA Pre-check was a real treat.  Very small line.  The only thing you have to do is take out the computer -- you even get to keep your shoes on.  Best investment ever.  Actually our credit card company paid the fee. Heard from my gal, Lisa at Silversea.  We are getting each getting $100 in cash back.  This will be deducted from our $1000 on-ship money.  So now we are left with $400 each to spend on the ship.  Since it's all inclusive that leaves a lot of massages!!

Maybe time for a glass a wine before boarding.  Finished my wine, chatted with Geoff for a while and then headed down to boarding.  Shock of shocks-- plane delay.  Bad weather - no pilot.  They are waiting for a pilot to fly in from Newark.  The agent looked over my options for connecting to Buenos Aires and they were slim to none.  Best case scenario -- board this plane when it gets here -- run like hell to the gate.  If I'm lucky, I'll have about 20 minutes to get there.  Worst case scenario, I spend the night in Houston.

Made it on the plane to Houston.  As I expected, I had to run like hell -- no little golf cart waiting for me -- but I made it.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that my luggage didn't come with me.  Hopeful it will show up at the hotel sometime tomorrow afternoon.  Ce la vie!  Both flights were fine.  The first one I sat next to a great woman and we talked for the entire 4 hour flight.  Really got my mind off my connection situation.  Not to mention that their entertainment system was down as well as their wifi.  We did have a great time.  I hope she follows the blog.  The flight from Houston to Buenos Aires was uneventful but a lot more comfortable.  Powered down the bed and get some sleep.

Landed on time, however the line going through customs went on forever -- over an hour in the queue.  Between Kate and myself we kept the conversations going and talked with some very nice people -- even a couple of guys who are going to Antarctica with the Abercrombie & Kent folks  So after getting through customs, there was the discovery of my lost bag.  Actually, we know exactly where it is -- Houston.  Paperwork needed to be done.  Needless to say, it was quite late by the time we got to the exit and we didn't see our transport person anywhere.  After much ado, we found them got our driver and away we went.

We are now resting up in this very lovely hotel suite.  Plenty of room and clean.  We will be going to dinner shortly.  Going to indulge in some Argentina beef!  Yes I said beef!  When in Rome and all that. No pictures today.  Tomorrow will start the album collection.  Till then....

Next time.... City bike tour

1 comment:

  1. I’m already exhausted after reading this ... enjoy your steak!

    ReplyDelete