Sunday, December 22, 2019

Sailing to Ushuaia

A bit bumpy last night. It  felt liked I was rocked to sleep.  I had breakfast with a brother & sister from Philly who I kayaked with.  Small world - Malcolm went to BU Law School when I worked for the Center for Criminal Justice at BU.  We know the same people!!  Lydia and William from San Diego via Singapore showed up soon.  Lydia was one of the few women who worked as a programmer for NASA in the very early days. She has been included in the book Rocket Girls -- really fascinating.  Might have also been included in Hidden Figures if the focus was broader than African American women.  They are a lovely couple and I hope to get a chance to visit in San Diego.

It was time for Movie Trivia which our team really bombed on.  We made a plan to reconvene at 1:30 in the observatory lounge to play a round or two of Cards Against Humanity.  The weather continues to be fabulous with a temperature of 54 degrees!!!  I dropped all my Hot Hands and Hot Toes off at the Expedition desk for the staff to use.  They stand out there all day guiding us and get quite cold standing around.  Figured they can use this stuff more than I can.  I spread the word and lots of other folks are going to do the same.  Also my suitcase is just busting at the seams.

At 4pm it was final team trivia.  Our team incorporated a few more people and we came out the grand winners!  Cashed in our points for prizes.  More stuff to squeeze in the suitcase. Pretty soon we are gathering to see the video of this adventure.  We are told we all get a copy.

The video is absolutely magnificent.  Will try to post it to my Google drive when I get back. Dinner was grand.  Sat with some old friends and a couple of new ones.  Time to go finish packing and "put the luggage out."  Then I scurried off to Karoke - yes I did!  The last hurrah.  I sang Santa Baby with my best Eartha Kitt  that got a good round of applause.  For my finale, Ian and I did a very poor rendition of Don't Go Breaking My Heart. Time to leave. Took some shots  of ships passing in the night.  Tucked myself into bed as we sailed to shore.

Next time... The Journey Home

No comments:

Post a Comment